Saturday, October 13, 2012

More then just a bracelet and a doodle

Currently right now I have on a yarn bracelet on one wrist and a henna drawing on my other hand. To any passing person they mean absolutely nothing. They may look at the henna and think it is pretty. It is highly unlikely I will pass by a person who knows what the yarn is for. I wont even go into detail as to why I have them, but I will tell you why they mean even more to me then what their intended symbolism holds.

To me they mean I belong somewhere. That there is a group of amazing powerful women who we share a connection. There is one women who has brought us together. Right now we stand in solidarity for her. This woman is an inspiration in my life. I don't know if she even knew how much she meant to me up until a few weeks ago when I told her. I felt silly, telling her this, but I felt it needed to be said.

Knowing that I do belong in a circle of women who are strong and amazing, is such a wonderful feeling. Women who lift other women up and inspire them to be the best they can be. Women who want other women to know that they have a choice and they have rights. Women you believe that you are infact a wonderful amazing being who is designed to do wonderful and amazing things. Women who believe in other women. It has been a wonderful and amazing time. Something I hope continues to grow.

Right now to some I have a piece of yarn and a doodle, to me I have a community and amazing women who I can call my friends.

Facebook has been wonderful for connecting me with some of these people before but to actually meet them in person has been an honor. 

4 comments:

  1. Love these words... great to meet you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to walk into a space and feel like you are home. . . no concerns about looking good or being misunderstood. Humans are social beings and we need our tribe. I'm glad you're part of mine, Ally. Love Gloria

    ReplyDelete